Staying healthy, physically and mentally, is so important right now. The virus itself effects our physical health and the isolation + stressful times are taxing to our mental health. It is fortunate that the pace of our lives has slowed a bit, it has helped us take more time to attend to our well-being. Here are some things we have found helpful.
· With all the chaos that the world is in right now, you can find a lot of relief from even the shortest meditation. If you are new to meditation, it is important that you find the best technique that works for you and be patient with yourself. There are good meditation days and not so good meditation days- but even the not so good days will still provide benefit.
· Have you heard about the song that reduces anxiety by up to 65%? British band Marconi Union composed “Weightless”, the World’s Most Relaxing song by incorporating scientific theory. This song has been essential to my meditation practice during the pandemic.
· Now more than ever, essential oils are ESSENTIAL to well-being! All the calming and anti-viral oils are in high rotation at our house. Some favorite calming oils are Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Fragonia and any Citrus Oil. Add in some grounding help from Frankincense or Spikenard.
· A very popular and effective way to experience essential oils is by using a diffuser. It is the best way to disperse essential oils in your environment. There are so many so choices out there, take a look at the Wirecutter Diffuser Recommendations for some solid guidance. There are safety considerations for using a diffuser around children and pets, please take a minute to review some tips.
· There is no evidence that essential oils can kill the corona virus but there are oils that have proved to be ‘anti-viral”. It certainly would not hurt to add these to your diffuser once a day! I recommend experimenting with blends of Geranium, Lemon, Niaouli, Ravintsara and Eucalyptus Radiata.
There is so much that we have no control over right now! But one thing we can all work towards is improving our immunity. A healthy diet and immune boosting supplements can help us fend off the virus or help us be in a better place to combat the virus should we become infected. Here is a small list of immune boosting vitamins and herbs that we have been using regularly. Click links below and do your own research to see if these are good options for your “get healthy”plan!
· Lemon Balm- this is an amazing calming herb, use as a sleep aid or for stress relief. Can be administered as a capsule, a tincture or it also makes a beautiful tea.
· Vitamin C- up your Vitamin C game with a Liposomal formula! Easier on the gut and better absorption.
· Zinc- can be a powerful ally if taken right at the start of symptoms.
· Vitamin D- time in the sun isn’t enough, most people are deficient. D3 is usually recommended by medical professionals.
· The gyms are closed and the state of things make motivation difficult some days. Walking first thing in the morning is a small commitment with many benefits. Fresh air, movement and time to reflect is good medicine for all.
· A Rebounder is good for a quick indoor workout that gets your heart pumping. If this sounds like fun, it is worth investing in a quality piece of equipment and a safety rail if your balance is off.
· Just Dance 2020 is so fun! The songs span many music genres and there are varying levels of dance routines. You are guaranteed to get a workout! Pay the extra $20ish to get access to all of the songs, totally worth it.
· PLEASE wear a mask!! There are so many available now and it is certain that mask life will be a thing for the foreseeable future. Check these beauties out- look good while being responsible. And these gorgeous fabrics!
· Desert Supreme Hand Sanitizer has been a customer favorite! The feedback has been that folks really enjoy the scent (Eucalyptus & Orange) and it is not as drying as some others (thanks to the Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel).
TAKE CARE and BE extra nice to yourself right now. We are all navigating uncharted + rough waters💚
Disclaimer: All facts, details & recommendations on Desert Supreme’s social media or website are provided for information purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, prescribe or replace the advice of professionals. The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.